"I stayed up long enough to catch the “Pleiades” open star cluster clearing my roof, which as far as most boring old star clusters go, is terrifically enchanting. It is surrounded by deep clouds of dust and gas that aren’t being charged as you see in red nebula. A classic image for photographers and star-lovers the group is also a prime candidate for an early solar system with planet forming regions. ... For those keeping score, this is the 3rd year in a row I’ve photographed and shared this cluster. To see how I have improved in 2 years I’ve compiled a little comparison below. I think I’m finally getting the hang of this stuff! Thanks for sticking around and following my work…  Date 25 November 2016 - Source https://deography.com/m45-the-pleiades-seven-sisters/ - Author Dylan O'Donnell, deography.com - Permission -  Public domain, released on creators website with public domain notice

Letture suggerite: Guido Cossard - Cieli perduti - Archeoastronomia: le stelle dei popoli antichi

Nuova edizione aggiornata - https://www.utetlibri.it/libri/cieli-perduti-2/

«Osservare è, per certi versi, un’arte che va imparata», scrisse a un amico l’astronomo William Herschel, lo scopritore di Urano. 



Popular posts from this blog

Under the Sun